Ladies of Lune: Tanya Mehta
There’s so much that happens in between takes when we shoot interesting and independent women for @shoplune, which got us thinking that through these conversations - We get to know a little about a lot. And the thing about cool, secret reccos and tips is that they are no fun if you can’t share ’em with your mates! Speaking of which, first up in this series is the fresh-faced Tanya Mehta, a writer whose appeal is very reminiscent of the French girl aesthetic and whose Instagram feed is earthy and eclectic –
Sun sign: Scorpio
What you do: Junior Fashion & Features Editor at Grazia India
What you would be doing if you didn’t do what you currently do: Not an occupation choice, but I’d be travelling around Italy and Spain
City/town you presently live in: Mumbai
Your current favourite…
- Beauty products: Innisfree’s Micellar Cleansing Water and Glossier’s Lidstar
- Self-care ritual: Mrs. Meyer’s scented candles, and clay face masks
- Instagram handles: @overheardnewyork, @awokevintagebrooklyn, @iconaccidental, @latenightsinthecity
- Book and/or film: Just finished reading The Beautiful Fall by Alicia Drake, a double biography of Yves Saint Laurent and Karl Lagerfeld which aptly encapsulates the tragedy and excess of the ’70s. I also just watched What Will People Say – a riveting Norwegian-Urdu drama. (Must-read, and must-watch.)
- Websites: Dazed, AnOther and Vestoj.
- Haunt in the city: BIRDSONG (Bandra), Koinonia Coffee Roasters, The Clearing House, Badshah (for the best ‘falooda’ in the city).
- Piece of jewellery: Always, always gold hoops.
- Indian and international brands/designers: Untitled Co., Marni, LOQ, Oshadi, Khaite… Just some off the top of my head, the list goes on.
The future is… as bright as you’d like it to be.
Tanya is wearing an oversized shirt tucked into high-waist Levi's denims, and jewellery from SHOP LUNE: the Cassady necklace on her neck, Zadie hoops in her ears and a selection of the Crescent Moon rings (regular and Mother of Pearl), Essential Basic Ring Set, and Moss pendant on her fingers.