Ladies of Lune: Aaliya Jamal
Every time that we shoot interesting women for @shoplune’s Ladies of Lune series, there is a lot of cheery chatter taking place behind the scenes and between takes. We shot with Aaliya Jamal, some month's ago as part of a collaboration with My Glamm make-up, whose free-spiritedness and fresh energy made working with her a delight! There’s a fair chance you would have spotted Aaliya ever so often on our Instagram feed, and well, we thought you might like to find out more about this curious, young beauty –
Sun sign: Gemini
What you do: Full-time Aspiring Designer, part-time Brand Consultant
What you would be doing if you didn’t do what you currently do: Design of some sort. I’m making progress on that, thankfully.
City/town you presently live in: Bombay
Your current favourite…
- Beauty products: Cold-Pressed Coconut Oil. Lots of intense hair conditioner. Most recently, blush.
- Self-care ritual: Oiling my hair, combing it out, putting on a face pack and watching something like The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Meditation. Yoga.
- Instagram handles: @sudeepti.tucker, @sanitarypanels, @jasjyotjasjyot, @kruttika, @unskilledworker, @isabellefeliu, @cecile.dormeau (I am also not ashamed to say - @smoothiethecat and @notallgeminis.)
- Book and/or film: I recently saw Call Me by Your Name which was super lovely and dreamy; and read A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara, a while ago, but it was too moving for words.
- Websites: Man Repeller
- Haunt in the city: Kala Ghoda Café (Fort) by day, The Daily (Bandra) by night, and most recently, O Pedro (BKC) for that delish Pedro’s G&T and chorizo rice.
- Piece of jewellery: The first ring I ever made - it’s a gold-plated brass ring. It’s quite chunky and has tiny orange, yellow and green stones set in it.
- Indian and international brands/designers: I either admire from afar or inherit pieces through the fashionable matriarchs in my family, and I shop sparingly. (Shorshe, Runaway Bicycle, péro, Kichu, Gundi Studios, NorBlack NorWhite, Kadambari, The Summer House, Doodlage.)
The future is… Wisdom in love - equal, sustainable, not apathetic.